Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello, Mr. Chef!

I jumped right back into the whole dating scene...minus the seriousness.

I've always found that the best way to get over an ex is to put yourself underneath someone else. I know, it sounds bad. But it can actually be very therapeutic - and fun! So, last week I found myself posting a lame, to-the-point ad on Craigslist.

It appeared as though all the men in the greater Chicagoland area were creepin' on there because I got [literally] 376 responses within 3 hours. It's pathetic, really. I was able to weed 80% out after seeing a picture. Or after receiving a junk shot instead of a face pic, in which case they are immediately disqualified. I don't want a picture of your penis...unless I specifically ask for it.

I can't complain though - it is Craigslist.

I ended up exchanging emails with about 6 of them, eliminating them all for one reason or another except for one. Ding, ding, DING! We have a winner! Mr. Chef!

Obviously, he is a chef. He owns his own company, which seems legit since when I Googled him it came up. What? Don't look at me like that. Who doesn't Google people nowadays!?

We seemed to hit it off via email. After two days, he was privileged enough to get my number. We spent the entire week texting one other far too often.

We agreed to meet this past weekend. I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted to feel those butterflies and have a good time. We met at a cute, little bar.

I was pleasantly surprised. He's tall and good-looking. Plus he's 30. That's perfect for me. Not too old, not too young.

We spent four hours throwing back beers and chit-chatting. We seem to have a lot in common so far. Plus he was a perfect gentleman - not even a hug when we parted ways! He picked up the tab and texted me afterwards to thank me for my time and give me a few compliments.

He's already asking to see me later this week. I haven't given him a definite answer yet, but I will probably give him another go. He's aware I only want a fun relationship with no strings attached. I purely want to see where things go, no forcing it.

He says he wants the same. But we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!