Monday, November 21, 2011

Getting In Shape


There's nothing like a nasty break-up to make me pick up my diet and exercise habits all over again with a renewed fervor. I like to stay in shape but I'm also a foodie so my mind is constantly warring over what's going to enter my tummy.

The Eat Clean Diet has helped me out tremendously. I just skimmed over the books before. I took the idea and ran with it: eat only natural foods, skip anything with preservatives. I immediately felt better. No tummy aches, no head-aches. And gradually my body adjusted and I lost a few inches around the waist and thighs.

As much as I hate giving up added beauty sleep to cook up a breakfast this has become key in my lifestyle transformation. So has drinking insane amounts of water...and by insane I really mean about 2 liters. Say hello to the bathroom, you'll be visiting it frequently.

And lastly I've trained my friends and family to smack me when I reach for a Ho-Ho or eating an entire block of cheese. Yup, cheese and I have a thing for each other. I'm going to be easing myself into my new routine but I have terrible timing.

The holiday's are right around the corner and I won't be able to forgo pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies so I'm going to be studying up on my diet goals and transitioning into healthy foods with a major goal of a switch-over after New Years.

How do YOU stay in shape?

2 comments:

  1. I try to stay fit. My normal routine consists of drinking plenty of fluids (tea, water, coffee). I also have 6 small meals instead of 3 larger ones. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy don't ask me! i eat terrible and then work out for 3 hours...

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!